All major desktop search tools are pushing web search results when you enter a search any terms.
Should web search be turned off?
- Many users mentioned they downloaded a desktop search and not a web search. They are not interested in having both web and desktop search results. If they want to do a web search, they will use search engines in their browser.
- Users have a privacy concern. When they are searching on their desktop or network, it is usually private data and they do not want desktop search publishers to know their search terms.
- Time saving. Many users experience longer search time because the desktop search tools are fetching web results back into the desktop search results.
- If the web tab is not clicked, the desktop search will not go fetch web results
- Offer the possibility to select or not the automatic web search
- Option to remove the web search in the paid version
Let us know what you think!
– Your Copernic Team